Friday, August 7, 2009

A challenge for myself.

In my attempt to keep the mojo going I thought I'd make up a little challenge for myself. I started by writing down a list of supplies/embellishments that I have, and a list of techniques to do. After I had them all in these bowls
Photobucket

I choose three out of each.
Photobucket

I ended up with use felt,pearls and waxy flax. Then I got random stamp paper, paint, and distress nothing with ink(those of you that know me KNOW this is a stretch for me) love those dirty pages!
I got my pictures and basic supplies together and the ones I was required to use with this layout. The challenge is to just use paper with these embellishments and techniques. This is what my random stamped page looks like.
Photobucket

The ink colours are:
Orange
Bamboo
Chocolate
Heavenly Blue
Clover Meadow
The stamp sets are:
Circle Around
Today's Date
Treetops
All by Close to my Heart

These are the completed pages.
Photobucket
left
Photobucket
right
Photobucket

Products used: pp sassafras, bungle jungle-treetops
heartfelt shapes in whimsy(ctmh)
ceramcoat in magnolia white
pearls Kaiser in Lush
Waxy flax in colonial white
This challenge only took me around one hour to do! If you would like to join me, use the three embellishments and three techniques I used and make your own(it can be one or two pages). Then leave me a comment so I can come see! Hope you like them. Have a great Friday!!!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I have no felt and no paint...can you repick for me???

LOVE it!!!

Jen said...

Hello!!

I did it come check it out!!!

Jamie Harder said...

What a great idea to challenge yourself!!! Your page turned out GREAT!!!

Gretchen said...

Love the colors!!!

Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement on Tuesday. Have a great day!

Roxy said...

That is a really cool idea! I will have to try it sometime!

Marie-France Kupo said...

What a great idea for a challenge!
Great layout, as usual ; - )